Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sennen cove

On the slipway at Sennen


I wasn't 'feeling the love' at Mousehole yesterday morning. There was a spot I wanted to paint but when I got there the tide was wrong and the light was... well... wrong too. So we ended up driving over to Sennen only to be greeted by glorious sunshine and clear blue skies! After a dog walk and a relaxing lunch in the sunshine I ended up painting this on the slipway. I was rather taken by the contrast of the clear blue sky and turquoise sea with the dark shaded wall behind the boat. Shame I didn't manage to get any figures in but I'm quite happy with what I've ended up with. It seems to have that harsh glare of dazzling light about it. The kind that has you reaching for your sunglasses.

This is oils on canvas, 12" x 16"



           

2 comments:

  1. Haidee, another beauty! I love what you do with boats. Such a great composition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...